Discounted pre-purchase is now available!
From the studio behind The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker comes the supernatural-noir murder mystery FMV, The Shapeshifting Detective, which arrives on Steam, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 6 November 2018. Pre-order is available from today on Steam and Xbox One with 20% discount. This will closely be followed by PlayStation 4 (Europe) on 12 October and Nintendo Switch on 23 October.
Guest Starring Jesse Cox & Tex Murphy
Wales Interactive and D'Avekki Studios are proud to announce two new additions to the guest voiceovers for The Shapeshifting Detective. Radio August, the in-game radio broadcast, will guest star YouTube gaming personality, Jesse Cox, and the FMV legend Chris Jones (Tex Murphy). To see the full cast, guest voiceover artists and authors click here.
Aislinn De'Ath ... Violet Gallacher
Anarosa De Eizaguirre Butler ... Bronwyn Castle
Esmonde Cole ... Zak
Weston Jared Nelson ... Agent X
Joe Maw ... Oscar
Wainwright Klemens Koehring ... John Pope [Behind the scenes / Interview]
Leah Cunard ... Ellis Munro
Nicholas Pople ... Rayne
Olivia Noyce ... Lexie Taylor [Behind the scenes / Interview]
Rachel Cowles ... Sophia
Rupert Booth ... Chief Dupont
Tori Nagay ... Dorota Shaw [Behind the scenes / Interview]
Angela Adkins ... "Nightmares"
Martin Owton ... "Open at Midnight"
David F. Shultz ... "Bag Lady"
Chris Hoppenbrouwers ... "Dimitri’s Descent"
Ashley Van Hesteren ... "Contagion"
Guest Voiceover Artists
Adam Day (CallOfCthulhu) [twitter]
Tex Murphy (Chris Jones) [twitter]
Jessa from The Jessa Channel [twitter]
Jesse Cox [twitter]
John Mark Clawson [twitter]
Laceya Finley [twitter]
The Raw Geek [twitter]
Tim Leftwich [twitter]
Venomous Platypus [twitter]
Download Press Kit
- 1600+ full HD FMV videos.
- A large multi-location, multi-suspect world to explore.
- Shapeshift into nine other characters, or be yourself.
- Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability.
- In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits.
- Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
- Shapeshift and your dialogue options are voiced by the original actors.
- Not all branching is binary. Push someone too far and discover a different reaction.
- Can’t get that vital clue yourself? Shapeshift into the Police Chief!
- Think your options are a trap? Refuse to speak to potentially unlock a hidden path.