Wales Interactive are proud to announce Moonfall Ultimate — a 2D side-scrolling, action-RPG by developers Fishcow Studio. The entirely hand-painted beat 'em up is coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam on 4th September, with the Xbox One release on 5th September.
Set in an industrial gothic universe, you'll hack, slash and cast your way through a treacherous hand-painted world. Choose your class and upgrade your gear with metroidvania-style exploration and a focus on strategic real-time combat.
New and improved over the original release of "Moonfall", Moonfall Ultimate now features a 2-player Couch Co-op mode and an Endless Arcade mode!
Discover a story of The Empire, a once small kingdom now under threat from so-called Savages. They hunt a mysterious element known as Lunarium which resides in The Empire and you, a dauntless recruit, must protect the land at the front line.
Beautifully hand-painted 2D graphics full of detail and dark atmospherics. Play the Campaign or Endless Mode solo or grab a friend with the 2-player couch co-op support.
- Three character classes with unique active and passive abilities. Choose Vanguard, Elementalis or Shadow to suit your play style.
- A sturdy levelling system and in-game economy which gives access to over 80 unique items. Fight, collect and upgrade!
- Action-packed combat system provides a diverse choice of dealing damage. A suitable strategy is the key to success.
- 13 open-ended and fully explorable levels with elements of the metroidvania genre and packed with quests, boss fights and notes expanding the lore.
- Over 60 tiered enemies, each with their own unique attack and defensive attributes.
"We are very pleased to be able to offer Moonfall Ultimate for our players on PC and consoles early in September 2018. We believe, that special game modes will delight many players, especially local multiplayer will bring a lot of fun.
We are honored that we could cooperate with the professional team from Wales Interactive, and we are proud that our game will be published by such a successful British publisher. Together, we will try to bring more games of the high quality level in which players spend many great experiences that will remain in their memories for a long time." Stefan Nitkulinec, Project Director at Fishcow Studio.